Usually i don’t review my past but today i thought that may be its a good time start some thing new starting with just a rough analysis of year 2015 as to how it all went. In that regards following are some of my takeaways from 2015:
- That proud moment when i exercised my right to vote in Uttar Pradesh gram panchayat elections. It would be difficult to summarize my feelings in words as to how i felt. Though only thing i can say is that it was the happiest moment of 2015. Yes, due to unavoidable circumstance I was unable to cast my vote in 2014 general election.
- Left the company i worked for over 3 years since its early days. I was at a juncture to choose between my family responsibilities and the company that i loved working for. In the end decided to take different path and left NE Techno.
- Shifted from Shillong to Gorakhpur my home town and to our new house.
- Joined Themeco as support analyst, the company behind X Theme.
- Made new professional connections, friends.
- Somehow i have been incredibly fortunate to have great mentors. It all started with NE Techno and a FOSS workshop held at St Anthonys College Shillong. My boss (Ravi Sharma) and colleagues at NE Techno helped to shape my career and FOSS workshop at St Anthonys College gave a complete new direction. Blessed to have Atul as friend, mentor and brother.
- And how can i forget my first flight trip from Delhi to Pune. 2015 will for sure go down in my memory as the scariest year also. God knows how i survived.
- Ended 4 year long wait, got my new bike, the Yamaha FZ.
- Chance to experience high speed internet @ Bengaluru. Thanks Atul bhaiya.
As i look back, i feel that 2015 was full of excitement. On one hand i got a change to visit new places, attended community organized events like WordCamp, got a chance to intract new people. But on the other hand made few mistakes also. All in all 2015 gave me a chance to explore myself.
I wish you all a very happy and prosperous 2016. God bless